Saturday, September 25, 2010

Halloween spirit

I'm a huge Halloween fan and I'm very frustrated that we don't celebrate it in France. We used to do it about 10 or 15 years ago, but the shops in town did this only for commercial purposes. I remember getting dressed as a witch with a black pointy hat and white make-up on my face, black lipstick and flour (!) in my hair to make them look grey. I was about 25 at that time... don't need this now, huh huh... :-/ I have a photo somewhere, if I find it I'll show you...... lol. Be psychologically prepared!!


For now, here's a little "thingy" I made the other day. I love these small metal tins at once when I saw them and had this idea of making a little scene inside. Here is what I came up with...

I've had fun taking the photo! It was a bit hard to have some good lighting and it's the best I can do with my camera!

I used 2 Hero Arts stamps for this: the "Tiny Owl" wood stamp and the branch from the "Sending happy thoughts" clear set. The bats are small punches, the moon is a part of a round punch too and I colored the owl with Promarkers.

Oh I forget: I made the pumpkin at the bottom of the photo with polymer clay (Fimo) a few years ago! Addicted to Halloween? Yes!

Thanks for looking!

***

J'adore vraiment Halloween et l'ambiance festive qui va avec. C'est vraiment frustrant de ne plus avoir l'occasion de fêter ça en France. On le faisait il y a 10-15 ans, je me souviens m'être déguisée en sorcière, avec un chapeau pointu fabriqué dans du Canson, la figure barbouillée de maquillage blanc, du rouge à lèvre noir et de la farine dans les cheveux pour les rendre gris. J'avais environ 25 ans à l'époque... plus besoin de farine maintenant !! Si je retrouve la photo, je la montrerai... Préparez-vous psychologiquement !

Pour l'instant, voici un petit bidule que j'ai fait le weekend dernier. J'ai tout de suite aimé ces petites boites en métal quand je les ai vues. J'ai eu envie de  faire une petite scène à l'intérieur. Voilà ce que ça donne...

Je me suis bien amusée aussi à prendre la photo... difficile de bien rendre l'ambiance avec l'éclairage. Je ne pense pas pouvoir faire mieux avec cet appareil !

J'ai utilisé 2 tampons Hero Arts pour ce projet : "Tiny Owl" et la branche du set de tampons transparents "Sending happy thoughts". Les chauve-souris sont faites avec des perfos, la lune aussi.
Ah oui et puis j'allais oublier : j'ai fait la citrouille en pâte Fimo il y a quelques années maintenant. Bien accro à Halloween !

A bientôt !

1 comment:

  1. I love this little tin! The photograph is awesome too! really neat way to showcase your work:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated!

Related Posts with Thumbnails