Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hero Arts September blog hop!

Today is the first day of the Hero Art September blog hop organized by Jenny from Wee Memories. There's no particular theme for this first round except letting us show off our style.

So I come back to my "first love" which was ATCs. I started making them 4 years ago. It shortly became an addiction, I organized an exhibition in my town, got the opportunity to write a book about it - and to be published in Sept. 2009! - and then it gradually became an... overdose! I guessed I made too many ATCs, saw and handled too many - 3200 during the exhibition and about 500 for the making of the book!!
But I can't deny that ATCs brought me to stamping and card making. I first used to make them using fabric and then added more and more paper... and inks... and stamps!

I still make a few ATCs from time to time though. Here is the last one I made for Paola who has just received it. I met her online a few years ago and we became friends - duh... was it on Swapbot? Paola, if you read this, can you refresh my memory please?? Thanks! ;-)
I sent her this ATC for her birthday lately, together with a card and a bookmark but I'll tell you more about that in another post.


This is very much my style! Using text to make the background is one of my classics. I hardly can't help it.
Here I used the Hero Arts "Friend Definition" background stamp but I could have used some old dictionary pages as I did so many times during these past years.
The Asian doll - stamped on some patterned paper - is also from Hero Arts and the butterfly is from the HA Digikit "Flutterbies".
The bamboo branch is from an Inkadinkado clear stamps set. And I ran the green piece of paper through my Cuttlebug to make the grass.

Have a nice Sunday!

***

Aujourd'hui, premier jour du "blog hop" de septembre organisé par Jenny du groupe Flickr "Hero Arts". Pas de thème particulier pour ce premier round, juste la consigne de montrer notre propre style.

C'est l'occasion pour moi de revenir à mes "premières amours", c'est à dire les Atc. Si ma mémoire est bonne, j'ai commencé en 2006 et je suis vite devenue accro. Puis j'ai organisé cette expo fin 2007 durant laquelle on m'a donné l'opportunité d'écrire un livre sur le sujet, livre publié en septembre 2009, il y a tout juste un an ! J'ai encore du mal à y croire d'ailleurs... Suite à cela, je crois que j'ai fait une overdose d'Atc. Je pense que j'en ai trop fait, trop vu, trop manipulé pour l'expo (3200 !) et ensuite durant l'écriture du livre (environ 500). Mais je ne peux pas nier le fait que ce sont les Atc qui m'ont menée au monde des tampons et des cartes. Au début, je faisais mes Atc principalement en tissu, puis j'ai ajouté progressivement du papier... des encres... et des tampons !
J'en fait quand même encore quelques unes, de temps  en temps. La dernière était pour mon amie Paola que j'ai rencontrée sur le net il y deux ou trois ans (je ne sais plus ?!). C'était sur SwapBot, je crois.
Je lui ai envoyé cette Atc dernièrement pour son anniversaire, accompagnée d'une carte et d'un marque-page (j'en reparlerai dans un prochain article).

Cette Atc donne un bon aperçu de mon style. J'utilise régulièrement du texte, j'ai même du mal à m'en empêcher. Ici, j'ai utilisé le tampon "Friend Definition" de Hero Arts pour faire le fond mais j'aurais aussi bien pu utilisé des pages de vieux dictionnaire comme je l'ai souvent fait au cours de ces dernières années.
La petite geisha est également un tampon Hero Arts, ainsi que le papillon, issu d'un Digikit.
La branche de bambou vient d'un set de tampons transparents d'Inkadinkado. Et pour finir, j'ai passé le bout de papier vert à la Cuttlebug pour faire l'herbe.

Bon dimanche !

23 comments:

  1. How cute is this, Isa! All your work is so creative. They always look like illustrations with a story to tell. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Lovely card with those vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a story you have to tell; I'm so glad you shared it here! I plan to go back a little later and look through all those links. I love ATCs, too, and yours is really lovely - so many elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is seriously amazing! Your own book! Wow, and love the project you shared today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isa, love your ATC, it is so pretty. Congratulations on an incredible achievement, writing a book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Isa, I didn't know you live in Auvergne! I love that part of France so much! And the Auvergne cheese, too haha :) Well, so nice visit your blog and see your love for ATC! And you've written a book about it - wow I am impressed. Your ATC on the blog is so cute. Perfect little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isa, your card is sooo cute!! :) :) :) :) thanks for joining the hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful little ATC- love all the details here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a cool story about you!!!! You did a fab job on the blog hop! Signature style and how it came about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet and colorful ATC! I love the dimension-- the images really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL composition! Love your ATC! Hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable ATC, Isa! Love the little doll with the bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. j'ai presque la même et j'en suis très fière !
    bisous lau

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute ATC , love your text background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the ATC... I do cards as well as ATCs, I find I can do both. The girl is so cute on the text background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stylish and cute arts! I love it....
    This is really great!! Thank you for sharing your creative designs...
    EPSON Ultra Premium Luster Photo Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated!

Related Posts with Thumbnails